Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Winners for Sketch Challenge #22 from Jennifer Timko

To play along with our current challenge please CLICK HERE.  


Thank you to everyone who joined us for last week's challenge!  Sorry for the late winner post!  We loved seeing your wonderful creations with Jennifer's great sketch!  The Clean Team has chosen the Princesses for you this week and Jennifer has chosen her Queen!   
The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:

Cindy's Choice
Dawn Tidd of Tiddbits from Dawn
FMS #22The choices were tough this week with so many wonderful entries, but I kept coming back to Dawn's card.  It's the epitome of fresh and clean to me.  Her colors and clean lines really show off the sketch.  And even though Dawn's card is super clean, she had a keen eye for details, like the little flowers with pearls and the hearts on the cups.  Great job, Dawn, and congratulations!  You're my choice for "Perfect Princess" this week!


Linda's Choice
Noelle McAdams of Paper and Ice

Noelle's take on this week's sketch is wonderfully creative - and oh so wonderfully retro!  The rounded corners and color combination add to the charm of this design.  She combines the patterned paper and colors perfectly!  Congrats Noelle on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Jen's Choice
Kim Allen of Pink Paper Bakery
As soon as I saw Kim’s card I was struck by all the great elements she combined.  She cleverly used the First Edition designer paper with the typewriter – what a combo!  She even paper pieced a sheet coming out of the typewriter!  But I think what I love most is the two tags hanging from the typewriter that are stamped with the sentiment.  They look exactly like the keys on an old-fashioned typewriter – tying the whole theme together perfectly!  Congratulations Kim on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Lesley's Choice
I chose Brenda's card because I love how she highlighted the designer paper on the two side panels. The punched flower is also so pretty, staggered and layered in different colours. The brad accent on the flower compliments everything so nicely.  A clean and crisp design which is both bold and beautiful! Congratulations Brenda on being my choice for a Perfect Princess.


Tui's Choice
I was mesmerised when I saw this fabulous card of Tara's, such creativity and it definitely left a permanent smile on my face! But seriously, I love how she embossed the background to resemble weatherboard, and OMG the window-shutters, what uber patience, the polka dotted curtains and the window plant box, her attention to the finer detailing is superb ... and then the sweet lil gnome "there certainly is no place like gnome"! ... love it! So based on that and that I am still smiling ... Congratulations Tara on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Rita's Choice
Hannelie of Desert Diva
Hello is right.  What an amazing card this is!  I love all the white space, but my favorite part is most definitely the combination of colors.   I had no idea that red and yellow worked so well together!  That adorable telephone image is just perfect with the Hello sentiment.   The red accents add interest without taking over the card.  Just a perfect clean card that mirrors what our challenge is all about.   Congratulations, Hannelie, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!



Tracey's Choice
Arlene of WaterDots
Arlene's card is just beautiful.  She has chosen some wonderful manly colors!! So masculine. I love seeing masculine cards, especially when they look this good! I love the DSP.  The train, to me, represented the adventures they have shared for 16 years! I am definitely Case'ing this one, if that's ok Arlene! I love the huge numbers, the brads for the banner, and the wonderful layers. Her card has just the right balance of elements. Congratulations, Arlene, you are my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Kim's Choice
LisaJ of Snowy Moose Creations



I fell in love with Lisa's card as it is so very simple yet absolutely glows with life!  Her use of colors and patterned paper made it stunning.  The little details such as the embossing and the piercing give it interest.  I love her choice of embellishments - those butterflies are the perfect addition to the sentiment.  Lisa - I would love to be "distracted" by the scenes outside your window - is Bobby the Bull Moose still hanging around??!!  I am honored to choose Lisa as my Perfect Princess.



And Our Queen of Clean this week:


Jennifer's Choice
Erna Logtenberg of Elog Cards



I have been so inspired by the lovely entries in this week's challenge!  Thanks to all who made such beautiful cards with my sketch!  As I perused the gallery, I fell in love with Erna's card immediately.  The Crumb Cake base with the pop of color is so pretty.  I love the dimension that comes from the flowers and Erna's fantastic sponging.  The baker's twine and the button are the perfect finish!  Congratulations Erna on being my choice for the Queen of Clean this week! 

To join our current challenge please CLICK HERE.  


Thank you for stopping by!
Lesley

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats ladies, lovely cards!!

Lisa said...

Wow, thank you Kim! I am so honored that you liked my card! And Bobby was around as of yesterday..havent seen him yet today but I've got my fingers crossed!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Thank you, Tui, for making me a Perfect Princess :) That card was a labour of love, and I'm honoured that you enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for making me a perfect princess, Linda! I REALLY appreciate it & this was such a great challenge!! :)

Lyndal said...

GORGEOUS creations by everyone :)

Arlene said...

Thank you for making me a Perfect Princess Tracey! I was touched by your comments and the way you interpreted the details on my card...you were spot on with my thought process as well! You made my day, thank you! :)

My Creative Side said...

You are very welcome Arlene! Your card really stood out to me!!! Glad I was able to interpret your idea for your card!!! Great minds think alike :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

WOW! Congratulations to all the winners.... just beautiful stuff! hugs

Erna Logtenberg said...

Thank you SO much Jennifer!!! For making me the Queen this week!