Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Winners for Lesley's "Going Long" Sketch

Thank you to everyone who joined us for last week's challenge!  After much thought, the Clean Team has chosen the Princesses for you this week and I have chosen the Queen!  There were so many awesome entries, we were blown away by all the wonderful submissions. 
The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:

Cindy's Choice
Patti Corriere of What Are You Inking?
Patti's color combination is what grabbed my attention, but the details are what really hooked me. The heart window with the tiny little beads are so pretty, as well as the pearls on the scallop circle and under the sentiment. I also love how she tied the whole theme together with the heart DSP and heart embossing. This is a beautiful Valentine card in non-traditional colors. Congratulations, Patti! You're my choice for Perfect Princess this week!




Linda's Choice
Laurie from On the Bright Side!

Ok ok I admit it - I am a dog lover!  But how could anyone resist this cutie?!? When I saw this I just had to "paws" and take another look :) The scruffy pup is colored beautifully and he looks like he is ready to romp!  The paw print border is just delightful above the doghouse printed paper. The twine and the button tie it all together perfectly!  Congratulations Laurie on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!




Jen's Choice
There are so many things I love about Dana’s gorgeous birthday card.  The lines she created on the scalloped white layer with her gel pen add some great texture.  Combine that with the pretty ruffled ribbon and the rhinestone flourish and she’s got one knockout of a birthday card!  And pairing it with the cute numbered designer paper just completes the birthday picture!  Congratulations Dana, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!



Jennifer's Choice
Maggie of Maggie Made Cards

It seems that "going long" is great for creativity!  The cards this week have been full of great ideas!!  This card by Maggie "scored" on two counts.  First I love the pretty pinks grounded by the black.  Striking!  When I read the story of Mrs. Deocampo and the motivation for this card, I was so touched.  Sharing our creations can bring a smile and let people know how special they are.  This card will surely do both!  Congratulations Maggie on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!!


Tui's Choice
Liliana of Stampin From Home
Black and white with a splash of red gets me every time, add a touch of sparkle and bling and I'm gone!   And this card of Lili's certainly did that to me, the whole design is modern and clean, the freshness of the polka dots combined with the classic elegance of the flocked paper and a solid black panel sets off this super sparkly heart and simple floral embellishment ever so perfectly!  Congratulations Liliana on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Rita's Choice
Tara of Tara Bee Ink
 

Critters!  I admit, I am a critter addict.  I love animals, especially adorable ones like these guys on Tara's beautiful card.  They are colored so perfectly and look so cute holding their flowers.  The colors of the card are so bright and cheerful, just perfect for a congratulations card.   Congratulations, Tara, on being my Perfect Princess for the week!


Kim's Choice
Karren of Stamping and Stuff
 

As a new guest designer this month, I have to tell you that picking a princess is NOT easy, but I just kept coming back to Karren's star card. The colors are so vibrant.  Orange and blue (or Calypso, Indigo and Pool) always play well together - and the black background makes them even more vibrant.  I was particularly drawn to her clever, yet very simple, star treatment - it's such a festive touch.  Congratulations Karren on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Tracey's Choice
Jen of Simple & Serene

My eye has been drawn back to this card a few times! I just love the colors Jen used on her card this week and especially how she used DSP to make the flower.  Her attention to detail is amazing. Everything from the beautifully tied ribbon, the gorgeous DSP she chose for the bottom and the tiny brad with the butterfly, just perfect!  The addition of the sentiment on the top layer balances the card! Congratulations, Jen, you are my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

And Our Queen of Clean this week:


Lesley's Choice
Narelle of Stamplicious
 

I chose Narelle's gorgeous card not only because I thought it was beautiful but because of the layered flowers and the wonderful fussy cutting she did!  I admire the amount of work that went into this beauty!  An interesting colour choice also adds to the high level of sophistication with this card and the simple sentiment looks great popped up and on its own, balancing the card! Congratulations Narelle on being my choice for the Queen of Clean this week!

Thank you to everyone who joined in with your beautiful cards.  Be sure to join us tomorrow for another sketch by me!  Last week, I went long and soon I'll be seeing double...hope you can stop by!

Lesley

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Beautiful choices, ladies!

Melissa S. said...

Great choices everyone. these are some fun cards.

Karren said...

Yay! I'm so excited - this is the first challenge I've ever submitted a card for. Thanks so much, Kim, for picking my card. Cheers Karren

Lili said...

Thanks Tui for picking my card. Congratulations to all of the princesses and the Queen of clean.

Tigriswillreign said...

Aw, shucks! Thanks so much, Jen! Love these sketches!

Virgo5 said...

Congratulations to all the winners! Thanks for picking my card Linda, I'm thrilled!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Thanks for choosing me this week as the Queen of Clean. I'm rapt to chosen from the amazing cards entered this week. Thanks Lesley!

Maggie Mata said...

I am honored to have been chosen a Princess. I enter card challenges to improve my novice ability. Thank you so much. I am so very grateful. Blessings!